EnduroShield®-How does it work?
Hard water is an issue throughout the Central Coast. There’s nothing more heartbreaking than spending money on a brand-new shower that will look outdated in a few months. That is why Templeton Glass offers EnduroShield coating on every shower we install! EnduroShield glass treatment makes cleaning up to 90% easier and repels soap, scum, calcium, etc. Here’s how it works.
Glass untreated by EnduroShield absorbs mineral deposits and soap scum because of its porous nature. Years of mineral build-up from water, shampoo and soaps, coupled with harsh toxic cleaning agents can cause the glass to discolor and develop irremovable stains. EnduroShield is an ultra-thin transparent glass coating that completely adheres to the surface and provides protection that will repel both water and oil-based stains. This results in a easily cleaned shower that will look new for years!
Depending on local conditions and minerals content, please follow the below cleaning guide to keep protected glass clean, and for removing buildup from the coated surface.
Interior Glass such as shower glass
Once a week or as needed for build-up, wipe down the glass with a microfiber cloth dampened with white vinegar and a drop of non-abrasive liquid soap (hand, body, or dish). Rinse and dry.
Tip: For best results, wipe down the glass after each use with a good-quality squeegee. This will reduce mineral spotting, keeping the glass cleaner between cleans.
What to avoid
Note: These may damage the treatment and void any warranty
- Abrasives including water spot removers, toothpaste, polishes, Norwex Cloths, rough, or gritty substances
- Acids or Alkalis that you would not want in contact for your skin for an extended period of time
- Cleaners that include Sodium hypochlorite (NaOCl), bleach, tilex or anything with sodium hydroxide should not be used on your shower glass.
- Harsh or chemical cleaners. With correct maintenance, these are not required.
Acceptable cleaning products
While all that should be needed to keep the glass looking clean are a squeegee, good quality mild liquid soap, and white vinegar, occasionally we are asked to recommend specific products. Some major brand cleaners are listed below, but keep in mind they should not be necessary, and often have very limited benefits in removing either soap or mineral buildup.
- SprayWayⓇ (or other alcohol-based foaming cleaners)
- Scrubbing BubblesⓇ (or other automatic leave-to-dry daily shower cleaners)
- 7th GenerationⓇ, DawnⓇ (or other mild eco-friendly cleaners)
- CLRⓇ (Calcium Lime Rust)
- Mr. Clean Magic EraserⓇ (when damp)
- WindexⓇ (Standard, vinegar, alcohol, ammonia)
It should be noted that with any cleaner used on the EnduroShield surface a thorough rinse with clean water should follow immediately. Although these cleaners can be used instead of the suggested maintenance, EnduroShield is designed to be an ‘easy clean coating’ which requires only vinegar and/or a mild detergent that does not contain harsh or toxic chemicals to maintain the surface effectively.